OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
Future Shop Customer Satisfaction Sweepstakes
January 1, 2013 to December 31, 2013
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE WILL NOT ENHANCE CHANCES OF WINNING. The sweepstakes is open only to residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their province of residence at the time their entries are submitted. Employees and directors of Best Buy Canada Ltd., (the “Sponsor”), its subsidiaries, brands (such as Future Shop) and affiliated companies, advertising, promotion, or production agencies, or their other representatives or agents (and their respective dependants, immediate family members and individuals residing in their same household) are not eligible to participate.
2. Entry: There are two ways to enter the Sweepstakes:
(1) Online by completing a Customer Satisfaction survey. Invitations to complete a Customer Satisfaction survey are issued to customers on sales and return transaction receipts during the sweepstakes period. Receipt codes are only valid for thirty (30) days; contest entrants must complete online entries within thirty (30) days of receiving the receipt. To enter the sweepstakes by completing the online survey (customers with a valid invitation only) – logon to www.futureshopcares.ca and follow the directions to complete the survey. The web site will be available 24 hours per day, seven days per week during each sweepstakes period. The sweepstakes periods are as follows, January 1-March 31, 2013; April 1-June 30, 2013, July 1-September 30, 2013, October 1-December 31, 2013 (the “Sweepstakes Periods”). You must complete the entire survey to receive an entry into the sweepstakes. The answers to the survey questions will have no effect on the ability to participate or win in this sweepstakes. Web entries for any Sweepstakes Period drawing must be received by 11:59 pm Pacific Time on the last day of the Sweepstakes Period. Any other attempts for entry via the web are void; or
(2) Via regular mail: hand print your name, complete address including postal code, daytime phone number and email, and send to Future Shop Customer Satisfaction Sweepstakes, 8800 Glenlyon Parkway, Burnaby, BC, V5J 5K3. Mail in entries must be postmarked by the last day of each Sweepstakes Period. If the last day of the Sweepstakes Period is a Saturday, Sunday or postal holiday, mail-in entries must be postmarked by the first business day following the last day of the Sweepstakes Period. Mail-in entries must be received by 11:59 pm Pacific Time on the 10th day of the following sweepstakes period. No copies, facsimiles or mechanical reproductions will be accepted. Neither Sponsor nor its agencies are responsible for illegible, lost, late, damaged, incomplete, postage-due, misdirected, or stolen mail or entries.
Limit one (1) entry per person/address/phone number/per email per sweepstakes period.
3. Drawing: The sweepstakes will run from 12:00:01 a.m. on January 1, 2013 Pacific Time to 11:59:59 p.m. on December 31, 2013 Pacific Time. There will be three (3) draws conducted for each Sweepstakes Period with one winner per region. There are three regions – Western (entries postmarked from British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan or Manitoba), Central (entries postmarked from Ontario, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edwards Island or Newfoundland), and Eastern (entries postmarked from Quebec). Winners for each Sweepstakes Period will be selected in random drawings from all eligible entries received for that drawing on the 15th of the month following the sweepstakes period in which entries were received for that drawing. Draws will be conducted at Future Shop’s head office, located at 8800 Glenlyon Parkway, Burnaby, B.C. Winners will be notified by phone on the 20th of the month following the sweepstakes period. We DO NOT notify winners by email. Non-winning entries for any Sweepstakes Period drawing will NOT be carried forward to subsequent drawings.
4. Prizes/Odds: During each Sweepstakes Period, there are three (3) prizes available to be won, each prize consisting of one $500 (Cdn) Future Shop Gift Card. Gift cards can only be used for future purchases at Future Shop retail locations, ConnectPro Services or for on-line purchases at FutureShop.ca and CANNOT be used to pay already established credit balances. Gift cards may be used to pay shipping charges and/or taxes on purchases; and any remaining balance after any use will be issued in the form of another Future Shop Gift Card. Odds of winning in any drawing will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received for that drawing. Winners may not substitute, assign or transfer prizes or redeem prizes for cash, but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value, if the Prize becomes unavailable.
5. Requirements: In order to be declared the winner of the Prize, the selected entrant must: (a) respond to prize notification within five (5) days of the notification phone call being placed; (b) correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question; and (c) sign a declaration of compliance with these Rules, a release of Future Shop, Best Buy Canada Ltd., Best Buy Co., Inc. and their respective affiliates, brands, advertising or promotion agencies of any and all liability in connection with the Sweepstakes, and a consent to the use of his or her name, city of residence, photograph, likeness, voice or statements for advertising and promotional purposes without any further compensation. If documents are not returned in a timely basis, or if any prize notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these official rules, the Prize will be automatically forfeited and another entrant will be selected by random draw in accordance with these Rules.
6. Consent to Personal Information Use and Disclosure: By entering the sweepstakes, participants consent to Future Shop’s collection, use and disclosure of the personal information provided in Sweepstakes entries for the administration of the Sweepstakes and in aggregated, non-personal form in order to create reports regarding Sweepstakes entrant demographics and consumer habits, which reports Future Shop may disclose to others. Participants who indicate on their entry form that they wish to receive information on upcoming specials and promotions from Future Shop consent to Future Shop’s use of their personal information (including their email address) for that purpose. Consenting to receiving information on such upcoming specials and promotions will not affect the chances of winning.
7. Disclaimer and Liability Exclusion Future Shop and its parent, subsidiaries and affiliates will not, under any circumstances, be responsible for, or liable to any Sweepstakes entrant or any other person for:
a. any erroneous, lost, damaged, late, incomplete, misdirected, deleted, defective, or altered Sweepstakes entries, regardless of the cause;
b. any failure for any reason whatsoever of the selected entrant to receive a prize notification phone call;
c. any changes in phone numbers, email addresses or email address assignments after Sweepstakes entry forms are submitted;
d. any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions or errors that may occur, regardless of the cause; or
e. any damage or loss, including any loss of use, loss of production, loss of profits (anticipated or otherwise), loss of markets, economic loss, special, indirect or consequential loss or damage or punitive damages, whether in contract, tort or under any other theory of law or equity, arising from, connected with, or relating to the Sweepstakes or the submission of entries to the Sweepstakes or participation in the Sweepstakes or the Sweepstakes Prize, or the use of the www.futureshop.ca or futureshopcares.ca web sites (including the downloading of any materials from those web sites) and regardless of the cause or any negligence by Future Shop or anyone for whom Future Shop is responsible, and notwithstanding that Future Shop may have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage being incurred.
8. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of being conducted as intended by Future Shop, including due to computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause that corrupts or interferes with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Future Shop may, at its sole discretion, disqualify any entrant responsible for such misconduct and cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes.
9. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND FUTURE SHOP RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND/OR OTHER RELIEF FROM ALL RESPONSIBLE PERSONS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. The inability to reach a prize winner by telephone may result in disqualification, and an alternate winner may be selected.
11. Decisions of Sweepstakes judges in respect of any aspect of the Sweepstakes are final and binding on all entrants.
12. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes acceptance and agreement to these Sweepstakes Rules.
13. Future Shop reserves the right, at their option, to publish the winner's name, address, photograph, likeness, voice or statements without any further compensation to the winner.
14. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local/municipal laws and is void where prohibited by law. If any provision of these Rules is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, all other provisions will remain in full force and effect.
15. The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Best
Buy Canada Ltd., 8800 Glenlyon Parkway, Burnaby, BC V5J 5K3
16. Future Shop is an operating division of Best Buy Canada Ltd. Futureshop.ca and connectprocares.ca are websites owned and operated by Best Buy Canada Ltd.
17. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of this sweepstakes may be submitted by a resident of the Province of Quebec to the Régie des alcools, des jeux et des courses for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted by a resident of the Province of Quebec to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
18. Future Shop reserves the right to extend the Sweepstakes period at any time without further notice.